Dave specializes in advanced threats and data security strategy and architecture, including emerging detection and response technologies and data security tools.
Dave currently focuses on advanced threats tools effectiveness, proof-of-concept-based selection, configuration, process design and implementation. Dave oversees red team and blue team exercises to continuously improve detection and response capabilities. Dave also has extensive experience actioning data security strategies with effective, tuned data protection tools including data loss prevention, data classification and unstructured data governance.
Dave has presented data security best practices at the Evanta CIO & CISO Summit and the CISO Executive Network
- Threat modelling and NIST-based Cybersecurity strategy focused on advanced threats defense for a global insurer
- SIEM and advanced threats tools selection and implementation for a global pharma
- Data risk assessment and DLP strategy for a global financial services company
- Incident Response process and communications for a healthcare payor
- DLP selection and intellectual property protection strategy and configuration for a nuclear industries company
- DLP and unstructured data security tools and processes for a global bank